A New 2-Card System

Extraordinary, Lance. I am amazed by the amount of attention to seemingly small but actually quite important nuances! They definitely aid in learning the system as well as getting used to it. Also, I would like to add that The Shadow System is indeed a very cool name that you thought of :smiley:

Given the remarkable results of several athletes, the 1352 Image (based on your adaptation of a 2 Card system to the English Major system) + 2 Block hybrid idea now seems to be catching up! And since all systems have one name or the other, might I suggest it be called ‘The Lancelot’. Definitely sounds better than 2 Card with block system haha. Unless someone has an idea for an even cooler name!

2 Likes

Lance does explain if you read and reread carefully (it took me like 30 reads before it clicked) how to fill out the remaining images. I am in the processing of filling mine out. I have less than 100 and I’ll have 1358 read to rock!

1 Like

Update: I finished all 358 Face Card images! I now have all 1358 images for my 3 Digit/2 Card system. I will be doing lots of flash card drills before I start any practicing though!

4 Likes

good luck !!! braden

1 Like

LegionParagon
I just finished learning my 3 digit system and I fully understand the Shadow System as well, however I am stuck with naming some of the 360 Extra Card Images.

Do you have any advice that could help me out?

Yes. Exist twenty-two months later than when you asked this question.

Update: I finished all 358 Face Card images! I now have all 1358 images for my 3 Digit/2 Card system. I will be doing lots of flash card drills before I start any practicing though!

Welcome to the champions’ table.

Flash cards are good. But you need to be practicing with two decks with forty cards in each. A deck needs two sets of twenty unique cards: (2 x 20 == 40)
Deck 1: A♥-10♥ and A♠-10♠ and A♥-10♥ and A♠-10♠
and
Deck 2: A♦-10♦ and A♣-10♣ and A♦-10♦ and A♣-10♣

Those are the only two decks you can make where you can practice the variadic image-stacking process with only 200 images, :clubs::clubs:/:diamonds::diamonds: && :diamonds::clubs:/:clubs::diamonds:. This skill should not be alien to you for as long as you are learning images. It is the most difficult and critical skill for the method, after all.

I fully agree with the principle that has misled you, that approaching these things in the wrong order wastes a lot of time. It also wastes time to spread your study across all images within one learning session, which is a section of any length without some break. In 20 minutes, you could read and/or visualize 000-099 several times at increasing speeds. You may read and visualize an image 1500 individual times in that session rather than the 500 you would get by spreading your attention evenly. You should also bias your learning toward the 200 images you choose at first just to get the ball rolling with a 40 card deck.

2 Likes

Thanks Lance!

As I mentioned in private conversation, this advice has been great in assisting me learning the Shadow System. It’s allowed me to get more effective at decoding suit combinations and also become more familiar and comfortable with image-stacking.

I realize it’s a long road ahead before I break my personal records I’ve set with my PAO system but the benefits of mastering a 2 Card System such as The Shadow System are already very apparent. Thanks again for sharing this with the world and being there to answer questions.

For those who keep asking about the additional 352 images (I’ve seen a lot of people ask about this), carefully read and re-read Lance’s initial post and some of the follow up posts. It’s all clearly explained.

1 Like

It may be more “clearly” explained now than it was before. I’ve also fixed the four imperfections which have crippled SS from the start (and no, I’m not talking about shadow images).

I’ve been meaning to update the post for over four years, but I just got around to it today. The most prominent effect of the fixes is simply that the method is more beautiful, secondly, it is more consistent logically, and thirdly, 100 of the 360 images over and above the original 992 are both easier to create and easier to read. A seasoned SS user has already coped with these shortcomings, so they may not and perhaps should not bother with updates. In your position, as a n00b, you may want to update 40 of your face-second images. Check it out and see.

This is still so confusing to understand. Any other simpler explanations to this please ?

Hello. I do not know English very well and could not understand this spiritual approach with an interpreter. I know Persian language Do you think this method can be used in Persian language?

Welcome, Yatin.
A few years ago, the user Bateman attempted to convey all of the meaning in this article using simplified language. His version wound up being equally long. Some people find the method abstruse, especially upon first reading. That may be what’s going on, since this is your first post. Maybe you should read it again more slowly, jotting down the key points and examples along the way. Then, name as many different kinds of card-pairs as you can. As soon as you understand the reasoning, you’ll probably be able to pick it up swiftly.

You could probably do better.

To set up Full 2-Card phonetics in Farsi, you might place two similar consonants on each of the 16 suit pairs, or just one consonant where that is not possible, and then I would read each of the 13 indices as the most fruitful 13 out of those 16, reading words as “suitpair + idx + idx,” for a total of 2704 words. This may not be feasible, and would definitely be time-consuming.
If you want to use only 1352 images, then condense the suitpairs to only 8 consonants. You could then read the words as either “Suitpair + index + index” or “index + suitpair + index” or “index + index + suitpair” - whichever way yields the greatest number of words. Have both a red-suit-first and a black-suit-first version of each image. Let me know if any one of those four methods is reasonable.

1 Like

Thank you lance