A New 2-Card System

shadow-system

Extraordinary, Lance. I am amazed by the amount of attention to seemingly small but actually quite important nuances! They definitely aid in learning the system as well as getting used to it. Also, I would like to add that The Shadow System is indeed a very cool name that you thought of :smiley:

Given the remarkable results of several athletes, the 1352 Image (based on your adaptation of a 2 Card system to the English Major system) + 2 Block hybrid idea now seems to be catching up! And since all systems have one name or the other, might I suggest it be called ‘The Lancelot’. Definitely sounds better than 2 Card with block system haha. Unless someone has an idea for an even cooler name!

2 Likes
(Braden Explosion) #82

Lance does explain if you read and reread carefully (it took me like 30 reads before it clicked) how to fill out the remaining images. I am in the processing of filling mine out. I have less than 100 and I’ll have 1358 read to rock!

1 Like
(Braden Explosion) #83

Update: I finished all 358 Face Card images! I now have all 1358 images for my 3 Digit/2 Card system. I will be doing lots of flash card drills before I start any practicing though!

4 Likes

good luck !!! braden

1 Like

LegionParagon
I just finished learning my 3 digit system and I fully understand the Shadow System as well, however I am stuck with naming some of the 360 Extra Card Images.

Do you have any advice that could help me out?

Yes. Exist twenty-two months later than when you asked this question.

Update: I finished all 358 Face Card images! I now have all 1358 images for my 3 Digit/2 Card system. I will be doing lots of flash card drills before I start any practicing though!

Welcome to the champions’ table.

Flash cards are good. But you need to be practicing with two decks with forty cards in each. A deck needs two sets of twenty unique cards: (2 x 20 == 40)
Deck 1: A♥-10♥ and A♠-10♠ and A♥-10♥ and A♠-10♠
and
Deck 2: A♦-10♦ and A♣-10♣ and A♦-10♦ and A♣-10♣

Those are the only two decks you can make where you can practice the variadic image-stacking process with only 200 images, :clubs::clubs:/:diamonds::diamonds: && :diamonds::clubs:/:clubs::diamonds:. This skill should not be alien to you for as long as you are learning images. It is the most difficult and critical skill for the method, after all.

I fully agree with the principle that has misled you, that approaching these things in the wrong order wastes a lot of time. It also wastes time to spread your study across all images within one learning session, which is a section of any length without some break. In 20 minutes, you could read and/or visualize 000-099 several times at increasing speeds. You may read and visualize an image 1500 individual times in that session rather than the 500 you would get by spreading your attention evenly. You should also bias your learning toward the 200 images you choose at first just to get the ball rolling with a 40 card deck.

1 Like

For discussion purposes:
It appears that, in the same vein as there are only 2652 (52x51) effective images in the Ben system, only 1326 images (2652/2) will be applicable in the memorization of a standard 52-card deck.

Images are omitted whenever identical suits and number/face value occur (in both systems), as no two cards that come up will ever be identical (again, in a standard deck). This occurs in 2x13 cases.

e.g. :spades::spades: A,A