A method for memorizing key concepts

I have thought of a method in which you recall one of your past vacations(without many details) and then perform the following steps-
Step 1 - Recall the different chunks of your memory of your past vacation.
Step 2 - Assign information to a relevant chunk of your memory which has not been assigned any information.
Step 3 - If that memory chunk from the previous step contains a room then assign a background to any one of the walls in that room which you are comfortable with.
Step 4 - Repeat Steps 2 and 3 until you have learnt all the information which you have tried to remember.
If you have not learnt all the information which you have tried to remember and all your memory chunks have been exhausted then you should follow an extra step which is given below
Step 5(The extra step) - Store the additional information in sub chunks.For example-The sub chunk of a hotel room is a bathroom.
And @Erol I request you to reply to this forum post so that I can know whether my writing has improved.

1 Like

You have improved a lot :slight_smile:

It would probably be better if you leave a space between the paragraphs so it’s easier to see and to follow, like it is below;

Step 4 - Repeat Steps 2 and 3 until you have learnt all the information which you have tried to remember.

If you have not learnt all the information which you have tried to remember and all your memory chunks have been exhausted then you should follow an extra step which is given below;

Step 5(The extra step) - Store the additional information in sub chunks.For example-The sub chunk of a hotel room is a bathroom.

It’s a nice method. Depending on what you are trying to memorise, it would be a handy method as a premade palace for short or long term memory.

Here is another idea that may be useful;
You can add a number shape, or a Trigger Object to keep the order of the backgrounds.

For example, for the first scene/background, if you add a number shape starting with “1” as a “Magic Wand”, and use the Magic Wand to interact with the information you are memorising to keep track of the events. And so on with your other events in order.

On your next ones, instead of using a number shape, you can use any type of trigger such the shapes of the Alphabet-Letter pegs. Use as many as needed to keep track of the scenes in order and as a Recall-Trigger of the event.

@Erol I have improved this method by adding six more steps in it which are in two groups,Which are of -
Group 1
New Step 1 - Break down all the memory chunks into episodes.

New Step 2 - Asinging information to the episdes of the memoty chunk.

New Step 3 - Use an easy and quick to create list in this method and the group og steps of creating the list are given below-
Group B
A. Think of two different kinds of animals with an association(ex-The first kind of animal can be a predeator and the second of animal can be its prey,ex-Cat(Predeator) and Mouse(Prey).

B. Imagine each kind of animal being made up of these five elements which I believe are commonly known (Earth,Water,Fire,Air and Heaven).And so by the step above we can imagine Cats made up of Soil,Water,Fire,Visible Air and Cloud respectively,And the same thing can be done with the mice.

C. Asing all the animals of both the kinds(Here,Predeators and Preys) positions on the list(with the positions 0-5 for the predeators and the positions 5-10 for the preys with respect to the rhyming order of the elements(of which they are made up of) which are -

1. Air
  2. Water
  3. Fire
  4. Earth
  5. Heaven
    And I will also like to credit you for your ideas on organising the information and @Erol can you please reply on how I have implemented your idea.
    Thanks.
1 Like

Yes it looks good. If it works for you then you should perhaps work on it to see how it goes, and how effective it is.

Also please not just specifically ask for my name as the forum has many members with a wealth of knowledge who can help you further with these. We can all join in if we wanted to comment. No disrespect.