A deck of cards

I started to practice POA for a deck of cards last year in October. Since January I was trying to put the cards in a journey and didn’t come any further than 9 to 12 cards. So I was doing something wrong.
By joining this forum I learned that I wasn’t visualizing and creating images.
Yesterday I showed my girlfriend that I can memorize 52 cards and recall them without mistakes.
It still took me 16 minutes to do it but I am a bit proud :smiley:

This week I’ll start building a major list for number. Just had to share it

11 Likes

Hey super cool and thanks for sharing! I’m new to mnemonics as well and I haven’t started to memorize a deck of cards. I’m building my POA list and I’m hoping that I’ll be able to reach your abilities within time as well. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thank you and I know you will :smile:. Keep practicing. Some days suck and nothing will stick in the beginnen. My current times are marked under the 8 minutes.
Although my aim is not speed, but the storage and conversion of information.
Being able to deal out all the blacks and reds, suits and values by true memorization.

If you need any help, just let me know. And I’m looking forward to your progress

1 Like

Thanks! I definitely will come to you with any questions. I’m forming my PAO list now and I’m thinking of committing somewhat to rote memorization first before using the memory palace and seeing how that works out. I’m not sure if my PAO list is vulgar enough haha it is very passive and I’m worried about it sticking… on a scale of 1-10 how vulgar would you say your PAO list is?

My list is def a 1, so not vulgar at all. Your list doesn’t have to be. It is all about the mental images that you create while memorizing the order of the deck. Those images can be pretty extreme to make them stick in a Journey. That is what I do.