A customisable 10 minute speed memory drill which allowed me to recall 1.5 pages of text after reading it for 1 minute(With Potentially Permanent Improvement...)

This drill was used with the 4-3-2-1 speed reading drill however I believe that it can be used as it is below and it will still improve your memory.

1. You read normally for 4 minutes and try to verbally recall whatever you had read.

2. Then you reread it for 3 minutes and you get what you are reading and try to verbally recall whatever you had read.

3. You read it for 2 minutes and you not only get what you are reading but you do something with that information and try to verbally recall whatever you had read.

4. You reread it for 1 minute and you get what you are reading, you do something with that information and you also say under your breadth that you have an awesome memory and then try to verbally recall whatever you had read.

Results

I was able to recall very nearly all of what I had read after using this drill(I had read about 1.5 pages in when testing this once).

Credits

To Jim Kwik from one of whose speed reading videos I got to know this speed drill and to Matt De Maio for the 3 memory boosting ways to boost our memory by 3 times in one of his videos.

Note- I got this result after mostly getting what I had read,Being intrested in what I had read and saying under my breath without making any sound that I have an awesome memory.

4-3-2-1 drills improve a person’s speed in speed reading untill they hit a plateau and they also improve reading speed permanantly even when they practiced only once by tricking the brain that it is reading slower than it actually and I hope that this also works with memory which is why I have written potentially permanantly in the title of this post and also to have more people read this post.

How I think that this drill may work

This drill may make the memory boosters in this drill work better and so the next time they are tried they will give better results.

Potential Other Applications

Maths

In Maths it is said that

1. You will have to practice Maths a certain number of times.

2. You can reduce the number of times you will have to practice Maths if you study it with focus and concentration.

The sentences contradict each other and I believe in the second sentence and I think that if you will replace the memory boosters in this drill with Maths practice reducers(Such as practicing with full focus and concentration) and will practice Maths using this drill then this drill will improve the effectiness of those practice reducers for you and so the next time you practice Maths with those practice reducers it work in reducing the amount of practice you need to do in Maths also whole still getting the same improvement as that of multiple practices than if you had not tried this drill and this drill is repeatable,

And,

Have a Very Good Day.

1 Like