A 365 calendar with history of today

This is a blog to create a calendar system for myself in 365 days with the aid of BBC history of today. Each day I add images to represent the day. Hopefully, I can insist on a year, IDK can I? :woozy_face:

Stories From 2 Jun

1953: Queen Elizabeth takes coronation oath

1 Like

Stories From 3 Jun
1962: 130 die in Paris air crash

2 Likes

Stories From 4 Jun
1989: Massacre in Tiananmen Square

You can also use https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=today to get other historical events that happened today, like “Thomas Jefferson escapes British capture in 1781”.

1 Like

To make the tracking easier, I add the event of 1 June.

Children’s Day is a commemorative date celebrated annually in honor of children, whose date of observance varies by country. In 1925, International Children’s Day was first proclaimed in Geneva during the World Conference on Child Welfare. Since 1950, it is celebrated on 1 June in most Communist and post-Communist countries.[1] World Children’s Day is celebrated on 20th of November to commemorate the Declaration of the Rights of the Child by the UN General Assembly on 20 November 1959.[2] from wiki

World Environment Day (WED ) is celebrated annually on 5 June and is the United Nations’ principal vehicle for encouraging awareness and action for the protection of the environment. First held in 1974, it has been a platform for raising awareness on environmental issue such as marine pollution, human overpopulation, global warming, sustainable consumption and wildlife crime. World Environment Day is a global platform for public outreach, with participation from over 143 countries annually. Each year, the program has provided a theme and forum for businesses, non government organizations, communities, governments and celebrities to advocate environmental causes. suggested from wolframalpha

Stories From 6 Jun
1944: D-Day marks start of Europe invasion
news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/june/6/newsid_3499000/3499352.stm

Stories From 7 Jun
1981: Israel bombs Baghdad nuclear reactor

8 Jun *
Laki, a volcanic fissure in Iceland, began an eight-month eruption, triggering a major famine and causing massive fluoride poisoning.

9 Jun 1970: King Hussein escapes gunman’s bullet
news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/june/9/newsid_4461000/4461735.stm

Stories From 10 Jun
2000: Swaying Millennium Bridge closed

I remember that. So hilarious.

1 Like

Stories From 12 Jun 1962: Three escape from Alcatraz

Three prisoners have made their way out of California’s Alcatraz prison using spoons and a homemade raft.

news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/june/12/newsid_4464000/4464939.stm

1 Like

On June 13, 1983, Pioneer 10 crossed the orbit of Neptune, at that time the outermost planet, and so became the first human-made object to leave the proximity of the major planets of the Solar System.

1 Like

Pig war, lol name.

World Blood Donor Day (WBDD ) is held on June 14 each year. The event was organised for the first time in 2005, by a joint initiative of the World Health Organization, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies to raise awareness of the need for safe blood and blood products, and to thank blood donors for their voluntary, life-saving gifts of blood.

16 June 1989: Hungary reburies fallen hero Imre Nagy
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/june/16/newsid_4522000/4522407.stm

June 17 1901 – The College Board introduces its first standardized test, the forerunner to the SAT.