70 Digits in 60 Seconds - Level 10 Goal Achieved! Not Bad For A 50 Year Old!

I set it as a goal to achieve Level 10 in number digits in late 2019. I was so close countless amount of times. And today as of 20 June 2020 I have managed to do it using the shaper methods.

I have not been practicing a lot due being busy with projects and preparations for a video course I am working on.

Lately I have put in some practice into my memory palaces, and it made a big difference.

I’ve also been training with Johnny Briones 2 times a week on ML as a training partner, and it pushed me harder to practice my palaces and my paired links. This was what I needed, and Johnny has been very encouraging and special thanks to him for giving me the motivation.
I have put in some practice twice a day memorising 2 sets of 60 digits at time trying to get to 70 digits.

My next goal is 80 digits in 1 minute. However, I am still happy to get 50-60 digits with each practice. It will be a great achievement to get 80 and I look forward to it.

The shaper system is proving to show some good results, even at my age of 50 year old. I am sure it is more than possible to get 80 digits in a single minute or even in a less time with my system. I do think younger people can do this faster than I can, but it shows that the age so far is not a barrier.

I’m a happy chap today. I’m going to reward myself with a nice Espresso now :slight_smile:

30 Likes

way to go!!

5 Likes

You did all the hard work!! Congratulations on the awesome accomplishment!!

5 Likes

Thank you Johnny!

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Awesome! Congrats!

4 Likes

Congrats :fire::fire:erol :fire::fire:, finally you completed your goal after a lot of effort.
I think after more practice, one day you can memorize 80 digits in one minute or even less time.

Again congrats.:ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thank you Raja!
Yes It may be a while for the next goal of 80 digits. I’ll be putting in some practice in between my other goals.

I also congratulate you for your speedy improvement. You are probably one of the faster improvers in this game. Welldone friend!

2 Likes

Congrats! Your success encourages me to keep pushing to meet my own goals.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear! Thank you.
I’m more than sure you’ll achieve your goals too. I think it’s just a matter of doing something everyday towards achieving the goal. I think the keyword here is “Discipline” to make yourself do it. I have set aside a set of times I work each day on my goal/s with a good time management which is simply a notepad and my memory skills :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Erol,

Impressive, inspirational and motivational. I have achieved some modest memory feats, the Presidents and the dates they served, State succession, as well as a wide range odds and ends but very interesting facts that require a trained memory to recall. But what you did is a challenge to me to push Even harder and to accept no limitation. Well Done.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

You are an inspiration to us late beginners. :pray::pray:

2 Likes

Thank you! :pray::pray:

1 Like

Congratulations !!.
Great achievement.

1 Like

Thank you! :pray::pray:

Amazing! Congrats!

1 Like

Thank you Anthony! Means a lot to me. I appreciate it. :pray::pray:

Amazing job. Well done. You’ll soon get to the next target

1 Like

Great! You have earned it! I’m at 32 digits in a minute at this point, and pushing to 50 in 1 minute!

1 Like