30 binary digits in 1 second

Just broke my own record twice. Pure my working memory of course, savant style! :laughing:

I went from first time trying 15 digits to 30 digits in 1 day!

@Mathmaster

27 binary digits :slight_smile:

30 digits! :smiley:

3 Likes

Nice job :+1:

I tried doing this working memory style.
I seem to do a lot better on binary/words with working memory than other tasks interestingly.

Your score is still much better than mine though, nice!

3 Likes

Nice!
Do you use working memory + mnemonics or just working memory?

I just woke up and I already beaten my score again!

31 digits

32 digits

34 digits!

3 Likes

3 Likes

I just used exclusively, visual working memory. I haven’t really trained binary before.

@flou has an amazing score. 45 digits in 0.6, world record scores here!

1 Like

Incredible score!

I recognize the program, Ramon campayo also used this program to set his world record of 48.

Is it easier with the 3x3 grids? My app on my phone can only do colums and rows without spaces inbetween so I can’t chunk anything together, even if I wanted to.

1 Like

42 out of 56 in 1 second! :smiley:

1 Like

btw @Nagime, which app are you using.

From the android app store.

1 Like

Are you just looking at patterns or actually committing them individually to memory? If the former, do you look at multiple columns at once or quickly scan one at a time?

either way, impressive!

1 Like

I scan the whole grid of binary numbers from the bottom to the top. While scanning I try to memorize as many 1’s as I can.

I fill the 1’s I can recall in the grid first. After scanning I still have a picture of the scanned grid in my mind for a short time. I fill the rest by looking at the picture and following what I think I saw.

It’s not perfect but the mental picture + the memorized 1’s is enough to give me these results.

1 Like

Nice

Hi Johnny,
The binary 000-111 corresponding to decimal 0-7 respectively, it’s a readymade system I developed months ago.
I adapt these transformations to the first and second line, for the third line I use the visual memory.

I personally don’t recommand using scanning, the error rate is high and It doesn’t work for long numbers.

I have read about that system. Here is an article about it for those who like to know:
https://nationalmemorycouncilofindia.com/how-to-memorise-binary-numbers/#:~:text=Only%20way%20we%20can%20memorise,convert%20them%20into%20normal%20numbers.&text=These%20are%20the%20only%20combinations%20we%20are%20going%20to%20get.&text=010%20%3D2%2C%20101%3D5,%3D%200%2C%20000%3D0.

I am not very serious about memorizing. My goal with memorizing is to test the limits of my memory, not to become really fast.

1 Like

54 digits and 52 digits

2 Likes

Hi Johnny,
If you don’t care too much about accuracy, you could accurately memorized the first 1/3 of digits, and randomly fill in the rest 2/3, by doing this it can get around 66% accuracy.
Though this is not good for long term development I think, don’t come too fast at first is a better idea.

I agree with flou ,

When I seen your achievement , I think you must have done something like this

010101 - Naa
011011 - Me
000101 - Saa
001010 - Tu

(If I have to do the same thing , I personally like to choose Consonant - Vowel system)

Now , everyone you can see that You have to memorize only 4 sounds (After some practice and focus you can do the same thing quite easily.)

1 Like

Hi Raja,
I directly transform them, for example (bin)111 to (dec)7.

Could you please elaborate a little bit about the Vowel system you mentioned? I’m not sure I understood.

Maybe you already read this somewhere in this forum.

Consonant - Vowel system

Vowel
000 - a
001 - i
010 - u
011 - e
100 - o
101 - aa
110 - ai
111 - au

Consonant

000 - s
001 - t
010 - n
011 - m
100 - r
101 - L
110 - ch/sh
111 - k

The consonant letter I mentioned is from major system.

2 Likes