What is the IAM Board?
The IAM Board is composed of up to 10 representatives who bring the organisation forward by sharing its various responsibilities. The board members bring their own opinions and viewpoints to the table, and work on shaping and developing the IAM on behalf of its members and the memory community
From 2020, there will be 1 board member for each continental region of Africa, America, Asia, Europe, and Oceania, as well as 5 open board seats regardless of continent, making it a total of 10 seats.
The upcoming election will determine the board members for a term of 2 years and 2 months, from 1st February 2020 to 31st March 2022 (in order to separate the election time from the WMC time).
Here’s the election timeline:
- 7th December 2019 – Announcement of election and timeline, call for candidates
- 21st December 2019 – Deadline for candidate applications
- 23rd December 2019 – Open public question round
- 28th December 2019 – Close public question round, questions sent to candidates
- 3rd January 2020 – Last day to register as an IAM member to be eligible to vote
- 5th January 2020 – Deadline for candidates to answer public questions
- 6th January 2020 – Candidates’ answers published, emails sent to eligible voters
- 8th January 2020 – Voting opens
- 15th January 2020 – Voting closes
- 16th January 2020 – Announcement of election results
Full details are available here.