200 WPM typing journal

UPD7

1 Like

chin

4 Likes

UPD8

Originally it could be a 130WPM+ score… but I hilariously hit the Caps Lock and due to low screen brightness, I didn’t notice what’s happening for a while…About a whole line of words are invalid …lol
So dumb

Weekly Report

2 Likes

Hiya, just wanted to step in and say you have a great progress journal, and it inspired me to pick up touch typing again! My personal best so far is only 94 WPM though.
Love the Chinchilla as well!

2 Likes

Thanks for you kind comment @Zillia!
I wish you all the best.

PaperKiller

2 Likes

Haha this site seems like a mixture of typeracer.com and https://10fastfingers.com/

2 Likes

Weekly report

My average speed has increased quite much, if I focus on speed more and with a good condition I think I could possibly hit 135 WPM in several days.
This is the last update before I reached 200 WPM goal.
I have a bunch of bad living habits, too much video games, too little exercise, unscheduled sleep routine and etc…
I need to reduce my time on the internet from now on in order to get a better life style, so I may not be able to visit the Forum in the coming months.
Thanks for the supportive community and see you guys later.

It’s well worth learning to touch type. A good touch typist can type in the dark. ( I once owned a keyboard with blank letters). But the biggest advantage is that it becomes transparent. One is not even aware that one is typing. This reduces cognitive load and leaves one free to concentrate on the task not the the process.

200 WPM ??? I doubt that’s possible. Top typists clock at 100+WPM.

3 Likes

Info from the interwebz

The highest typing speed ever recorded was 216 words per minute (wpm), set by Stella Pajunas in 1946, using an IBM electric typewriter. Currently, the fastest English language typist is Barbara Blackburn, who reached a peak typing speed of 212 wpm during a test in 2005, using a Dvorak simplified keyboard.

But in that site MonkeyType the records right now are
1st — 276.53 wpm from March 9, 2021
2nd — 275.16 wpm from June 15, 2021

Dubious :robot:

3 Likes

Excelente idea, todo lo que sirva para ahorrar tiempo es funcional. Aveces práctico sin teclado con los ojos cerrados :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Haha indeed

1 Like

Josh Foer mentions speed typing in Moonwalking with Einstein - I found his chapter on the “OK plateau” really insightful. Highly recommended If you haven’t read it yet

2 Likes

Thanks for your recommendation @Chump , It’s a nice book