1 Memoriad Addition Task under 45 seconds

Nice !

1 Like

Do you practise also with another operations?

1 Like

Nice work and explanation Benji!

2 Likes

I practice 3 digits x 3 digits multiplications as well.

2 Likes

Which method do you use for multiplication? How fast can you solve a 3x3 task?

1 Like

With criss-cross technique.

And before that you do train additions a lot.

Well, in fact i think you must train additions all your life as human calculator.

1 Like

At this moment I solve 3 x 3 multiplications in 100 seconds.

It isn’t very fast indeed, so I need to train them more.

1 Like

I need for such task between 20 and 30sec. I have learned multiplication since 6 months. I use the soroban method for that.

3 Likes

May I ask how does multiplication work on soroban?

1 Like

@flou you can find PDF books for free in Internet which explain with great examples how to solve multiplications with soroban.

2 Likes

It’s still good! I only can do this in 25sec because I still use the soroban instead to solve it only in my head because I still have to learn mental abacus. Currently its a little bit difficult for me to change the pictures in my mind fastly without forget the previous operations but otherwise i don’t have problems to imagine three row of beads. When I make an effort I can even imagine four rows of beads. Thats my current limit.

2 Likes

Do you mean ten questions in 100sec, then it’s quite decent.

1 Like

Yes, ten questions in 100 seconds.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Why you can train only with addition but not subtraction? I mean don’t they’re care for subtraction?

1 Like

I train only addition and multiplications at the moment. Then of course I will train square roots, cubic roots and divisions, which implies do subtractions.

Although mastering additions at a good level is the main “struggle”, all the other operations caming naturally.

Its my opinion though, maybe other mental calculators have other opinion.

1 Like

Hi Benji, You don’t need to train them much, 15% of the total training time is enough. But do try division as early as possible. Your subtraction skill will increase at the same time.

1 Like

@Silas_2001 @Antelex @flou when I try to be fast in 3 x 3 multiplications I do under 100 seconds, but I make mistakes. For example:

7/10 in 97.10 seconds, not bad, but not perfect.

@flou I wonder how seconds would take to Marc to complete this very task…

2 Likes

perfection is relativ! I also have done mistakes while calculation.

Don’t to be perfect because only god is it althought I don’t believe in god!:rofl:

2 Likes

well, we should do things very clear, we want to compete isn’t?

2 Likes